Liars League October 2019

I usually only allow myself one post for any one story, but I'd never been to a Liars' League event before and it was worth talking about! In the basement of a busy pub off Cavendish Square in London, everyone crammed in to listen to an eclectic mix of stories, read by six very talented actors. The atmosphere was magical, even slightly rebellious. The audience listened, laughed, and drank, and I for one felt like a student again! Writing isn't always this fun, or social, and what an indulgence to hear your words read live! Josie Charles was the perfect reader for my story, and the video doesn't do her justice, which makes me think: for the Liars' League, you really have to be there... so go! They run events every month, apparently in New York and Hong Kong as well as London. If you write, check out their themes here and submit!